Barcelona Perl Workshop is a one-day conference with all-level Perl related talks.
The workshop will take place at the Computer Architecture Department (UPC BarcelonaTech, Campus Nord).
The event has a symbolic price of 20€ (which includes an amazing T-shirt and coffee breaks). All speakers will have free entrance. If you want to be a speaker, please submit your talk as soon as possible.
24/10/14 Ticket deadline extended
We'd like to give a last change to people that haven't purchased their ticket yet: if you pay before Sun Oct 26 at 23:59 CET you'll get your T-shirt for free as promised. On Monday we'll be ordering the T-shirts and we'll order a few more just in case, but we may not be able to accommodate late registration T-shirt sizes unless you purchase the ticket on time. Registration will be finally closed on Sun Nov 2 at 23:59 CET.
05/10/14 Deadlines and useful hints for hesitant speakers
The workshop organizers agreed a few days ago on two important deadlines that you should take into account if you plan to attend Barcelona Perl Workshop on Nov 8:
- Oct 10 – deadline for proposals (acceptance grants registration for free); some talks have been already accepted.
- Oct 24 – deadline for purchasing your workshop ticket (20€) or confirming your accepted proposals.
In case you'd like to make a proposal but have some doubts, please consider the following:
- you can use any language you like;
- the topic should match the regular Perl Monger profile, which doesn't mean that it should be directly related to Perl;
- any experience level is fine (beginner, intermediate or advanced), but please pick the most appropriate so the audience can choose accordingly;
- the duration can be 20, 50 or 110 minutes; though it's possible there will a lightning talks session, those won't grant registration for free.